P-Card Services would like to remind all cardholders and approving officials of the following information:
- In-State Travel
- While traveling on official University business within the state of Alabama, personal meals, lodging and gratuities are not allowable on the P-Card due to State of Alabama per diem regulations. These expenses should be paid for personally and an In-State Travel Voucher should be submitted to Accounts Payable upon return. Business entertainment meals with a valid justification while in travel status are allowable on the P-Card. Please refer to the UA Travel Policy for additional guidance.
- Personal Meals while in Travel Status
- While traveling on official University business outside of the state of Alabama, personal meals are not allowable on the P-Card. These expenses are reimbursed at the actual cost of the meals including gratuities up to $45.00 per day without receipts or up to $75.00 per day with itemized receipts. Business entertainment meals with a valid justification while in travel status are allowable on the P-Card. Please refer to the UA Travel Policy for additional guidance.
- Relocation Expenses
- Moving expenses for a candidate after he or she has accepted a position at UA are reimbursable expenses and are paid at the discretion of the department, however, these expenses are prohibited on the P-Card because they are taxable to the individual.
- Examples of moving expenses include: household moving, travel, lodging and meals during the move, any pre-moving travel and lodging, pre-moving meals and temporary quarters. This includes airfare and lodging needed while on a house-hunting trip after the job is accepted. Any relocation expenses not paid by PO should be paid for personally, then reimbursed via a Miscellaneous Disbursement Voucher. Please see the UA Spending Policy for additional guidance.
- Licensing Approval Forms
- Trademark Licensing has determined that all purchases of items that bear University logos or insignia that refer to any University department or program now be reviewed and approved prior to purchase using the Licensing Approval Form. A copy of this form should be included when requesting temporary single purchase limit increases and with the completed P-Card packet. We appreciate your assistance in making this transition go as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions please see the Trademark Licensing
- Chip & PIN Technology
- For additional information on this new technology or to retrieve a lost PIN, please visit the Chip & PIN Technology section of the P-Card Services website.
- Procurement Services Drop Box
- Procurement Services recently installed a new drop box in front of our office building, the South Lawn Office Building. This mailbox-style drop off point is a secure way for you to leave p-card packets and travel vouchers for us. We check this box at least twice a day, and more frequently on the due date, so you can rest assured that we will retrieve your dropped items promptly.
Please email our department if you have any questions, email@example.com.