AirBnB and VRBO are gaining in popularity as ways to utilize housing accommodations while traveling on behalf of the University. Prior to booking with either of these vendors, Risk Management needs to review the following information to ensure the safety of all UA employees, students and guests:
- The address of the property
- Total number of days needed
- Total number of occupants
- Whether the building has fire sprinklers
- If there are 5 stories or more
- Property ratings – Ideally this would be 4 out of 5 stars or at least an 80% positive customer feedback rating
If the property is approved through Risk Management, then Contract Management in the Procurement Services area will need to review any contracts or agreements that contain any terms and/or conditions for the rental. After all approvals are obtained, you may use a University Purchasing Card as a form of payment. If a monthly or single purchase limit increase is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.